Saturday 25 September 2010

A new blog for a new era!

A while ago we used to half-heartedly update Becky's Blog.  A year on, life has got in the way and it's time to start afresh; here's the reason why.  No, I'm not pregnant, I've been selected to become a Quinnycaster!  Out of 3000 applicants they chose me, little old me, and 24 others! 

The gist of the whole thing is that we will become testers for the new buggy, the Quinny Zapp Xtra.  It was one of these "on a whim" things - though Becky has been walking for over a year now we still use the buggy now and again as toddler terror and busy shops or long distances (i.e. the 20 minute uphill walk to the childminder) are still a sticking point.  It's also getting to the time of year where cycling just doesn't hold the same appeal it did in summer!

Anyway, to the Zapp Xtra.  I'm not going to go into a huge amount of detail, you can read the link above.  However, I'm over the moon to find a buggy that costs a reasonable amount of money (well, I'm not paying for it but if I hadn't been chosen to be a Quinnycaster then I might have) that parent-faces.  You just don't realise the benefits of parent facing buggies until you've had a yakking child craning their neck to speak to you behind them.  I'm so eager to find out if this will work for an older toddler as well as it would a baby.  I've asked for one in Rebel Red - *drool*



Anyhoo, "what's a Quinnycaster do?" I hear you ask.  Well, visit the site and find out :D  Other than that, the idea is to provide a variety of reviews, thoughts and opinions on the new buggy and share them through social networking - be it Facebook, pictures or videos.  Basically just more of the usual from me, nothing extra special!  Professional blogger I am not - hahaaha!

You can find me on:

Facebook
Twitter
Blogger
Quinnycasters
Flickr (will update this shortly, I'm used to using Photobucket)
YouTube
and my most common haunt Pregnancy Forum UK (don't let the name fool you, I am NOT up the duff again!) where I'll be keeping a diary on the whole process as well.

Oh, and Becky's initial thoughts on the whole thing can be seen on YouTube:



That's me for now, roll on Tuesday when it's supposed to arrive by!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely drooling I went for the rebel red too, can't wait for it to get here x

    ReplyDelete